Monday, December 22, 2008

Is Producer Mutt Lang Ruining Nickelback?

If you know anything about Canadian rock/post grunge band Nickelback, then I’m sure you have heard about their brand new album Dark Horse. Well then, if you have heard about Dark Horse, I’m sure you know all about big-time music Producer Mutt Lang producing the album. Over the years, Mutt Lang has produced AC/DC’s hit album Back in Black and the legendary Led Zeppelin. Not to mention his ex-wife Shanna Twain. But let me tell you, I am not trying to put Mutt Lang in good light…after all, he is ruining (at least trying to) Nickelback. Okay, so maybe I’m being a little too dramatic. I highly doubt Mutt Lang is doing it intentionally…though I started reconsidering it after watching Nickelback’s first video from Dark Horse. In less you have lived under a rock for the past month or so, then I am sure that you have heard the song Gotta Be Somebody from Nickelback. I don’t think the song sounds anything like them. The music video for the song is nothing like them either. Most of Nickelback’s music videos tell a story of some sort, but their new one has no story line whatsoever. If you ask me, I think it’s strange that all of these big changes started happening right when Mutt Lang began producing them. I just hope Nickelback doesn’t go under because of Mutt…

Sealed with a kiss

Raven:)

No comments: